10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for the anesthesiologist assistants profession in the state of South Carolina.
2. Collaborations: You will receive a membership in the SC-AAA, as well as an educational membership in the South Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists (SCSA).
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: Up to date information about the happenings of our profession in South Carolina. Contribution to the strong advocacy programs centered on assuring that anesthesiologist assistants voices are being heard. Information to issues pertaining to anesthesiologist assistants under consideration by the State Legislature.
4. Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site, private Facebook page and email updates of emerging issues relevant to AA's.
5. Job Opportunities: Provided information and first access to job opportunities that come available throughout South Carolina.
6. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with Anesthesiologist Assistants and Anesthesiologists in our state, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
7. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and be connected to every single AA in our region.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors and other committees/special projects.
9. Recognition/Accountability: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in supporting the AA profession and hold each other accountable for promoting the profession in a positive way.
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.